Monday, September 13, 2010

Decisions, Decisions

We all make decisions every day. Some are good decisions and some are bad. Some are much worse than others. It is how we make these decisions and how we correct the bad decisions that matters most.

I know a couple who are having some problems. One of them made a bad choice and they tried to work through it. Then, the person who made the bad decision left. This person would then come back from time to time and expected everything to be back to normal. When it wasn't, this person got upset. They did not work hard to try and make the situation better. They did not try to win their spouse back.

The real problem is that the spouse just waited for them and accepted them back on their terms. The spouse did not make them change at all. The spouse just accepted them back when they were ready to come back. That was all.

I know this post is a bit confusing, but I think it brings up an interesting point. The spouse I reference above has low self-esteem. They have no drive and no ambition. It was just easier for things to go back to normal, however bad that is, than embrace change for the better. I think it was a poor decision and sets a bad example for their kids, but it is what it is.

I can tell you that would not happen in my relationship. First of all, we would never get to that point without talking to each other. If I was unhappy, I would tell The Queen and I know that she would do the same. We would work on the relationship with all of our energy before just giving up. Life is not always going to be perfect, so it will be what you make of it. We choose to make it the best we can. Not everyone feels this way and that is sad.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP