Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Slow Start to 2011

I have been a little busy so far this year. I had a wisdom tooth removed Monday and have been out of commission a little so far. I really intend to be more regular in my postings for 2011

A few weeks ago my dad pulled out his old Polaroid Automatic 104 Land Camera. I ordered a battery and film for it online. I just got the film yesterday and decided to take my first photo. It is a black and white image as you can see below.



I ordered both black and white and color film for the camera, but decided to start with the black and white as an experiment. I think this photo turned out OK, but the second one I took turned out a little dark. I thought I adjusted for the darkness of the first photo, trying to make it a little lighter, but I failed. I will play with it some more soon to see if I can perfect my process before moving on to the color film.

I think this is just a continuation of my obsession with photography that started at the end of last year. I really like the results of using old film cameras. I am about to send off a bunch of the film that I have used in my Diana+ as well. I can't wait to see how those photos turn out.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP