Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Busy and a Bit Overwhelmed

I have been very busy at work lately and I am starting to get pretty busy in my personal life as well. Soccer season is about to start. I had my first meeting last night and practices start next week, as does soccer camp. This is a good time of year, but my work schedule and the added stress there is making it tough this year.

I am a bit overwhelmed at work. There are so many small problems to fix in every department that I sometimes don't even know where to start. I know that I need to get more organized. I need a new method of logging issues and creating follow-up plans. I have even joked a few times that I need a secretary. Her sole purpose would be to keep me focused on the tasks that need to be addressed. If I could find a good one, I could do the work of five people instead of just the work of two people I do now.

I just ordered a 4-pack of Pick Four, which is an updated version of Zig Ziglar’s legendary goal-setting program, The Performance Planner, updated by Seth Godin. I can't wait to receive it and start digging in. I plan to share some of the copies with other managers in my company. I think we all need to be more organized and focus our efforts on key goals. If we can all do that, this company will return to glory.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP