Sunday, February 6, 2011

Why I Hate Nike

More than fifteen years ago I decided to switch my allegiance from Nike to Adidas. My decision was based on the fact that Nike uses sweatshops. I have been a loyal Adidas fan ever since. My only problem is that Nike has a lot of the sports teams wrapped up. Because of this I can't help but buy some Nike shirts to support my favorite teams. I hate it, but I can't help it.

My hate for Nike has grown in recent years as they have decided to mess with college football tradition and change uniforms. Now all they young kids are eager to see how Nike can change their favorite teams' uniforms. Nike's goal is to create more sales, which is genius from a marketing standpoint. I just favor tradition.

I believe they have stepped beyond what is appropriate with the University of Oregon. Their sponsorship of that team has created an unfair recruiting advantage. It is one thing for Phil Knight to give money to his alma mater, but it is an entirely different thing for his company to work for the university for free.

I hate Nike.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP