Monday, January 25, 2010

Loss and Emotion

People react differently to loss. Some people take it really hard. Others push it down deep inside of them and hide it so they don't have to deal with it. I tend to fall into the later category.

As I think back to the times when I have experienced loss in my life, I don't remember much. Luckily, I have not had to experience loss in my life very often. I don't remember how I dealt with the losses. I think I just try to go on with my life. I think about the people all the time, but I haven't let the losses tear me apart.

I often question if I just don't care enough. Am I less of a person because I don't cry as much as I should? Is there something wrong with me? Am I just too selfish so when I lose someone around me I don't care?

I don't think that is the case. I think I care about people as much as the next person. I just deal with my emotions differently than a lot of other people. I think that I am a well adjusted person.

I sometimes wish that I dealt with my emotions like most people. I feel like I am not very normal.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP