Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Carne Asada and Rice

I love Spanish Rice! I also love a Portuguese twist on Spanish Rice that one of our friends makes that is spicy. I decided to make my own last night. I started with QTRHT's recipe. I added some chili powder and a splash of tapatio sauce. That made some great Spanish Rice with a kick. It was fantastic if I must say so myself.

I also made some carne asada on the grill. I was trying to figure out what to season it with. I did not marinade it, so I needed something better than just salt and pepper. I started looking through the refrigerator and the pantry and pulled out some stuff. Here is what I ended up with for my mojo sauce:

I think it was flank steak.
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 jalapeno pepper, coarsely chopped with the seeds
onion powder
orange juice
the juice of 1 lime
Bud Light Lime beer

I put the meat on the grill and added salt and pepper. I grilled it for a while on indirect heat and then flipped them over. I added salt and pepper to this side. I then put the mojo sauce on each piece of meat and continued grilling on indirect heat.

I was so excited to try this meat and rice. I just could not wait for it to be ready. QTRHT heated up some tortillas on the stove as I cut the meat into long slices and we sat down to eat. I put some slices into a tortilla. Added some rice and cheese. My first bite tasted fabulous. I was very happy with the way the rice and carne asada turned out. I usually do not get very excited about food, but the spiciness of this food just really hit the spot.

The girls both scraped the jalapeno off the meat and they both really liked it a lot. Meg kept asking for more which is very rare. She does not eat very much meat. I think we were all very satisfied with this meal.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP