Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I Am Very Lucky

We had our first in-home interview with a social worker from FamiliesFirst last night. She was a little late because she got lost. They really do not work very much in the south valley. When she arrived she apologized for not meeting us before showing up at our house and asking us personal questions. She said that she usually does not work that way.

She asked a lot of questions that really made me think. She asked both The Queen and me a lot of questions about our child hood. She asked a question about dealing with loss or a difficult time. She asked about school and about college. I really had a chance to think a lot about my life and I can say that I have been very lucky.

I had a pretty happy childhood. I did not have a lot of responsibility, so I got to be a kid. I never had pressure on me to do well in school, maybe becuase I always did well. My parents supported me in everything I chose to do. They got involved in everything.

All of this was great, but what really made me realize how lucky I am is when she asked Meg and Chels what kind of person I was. I don't know if they were just laying it on thick to make me look good or not, but they both said some really great things about me. I know I am not the easiest person to live with, but I guess they both appreciate me for the positive things I do for them. I heard words like "loving" and "fun" and phrases like, "I can talk to him about anything."

It is great to hear these things, because I am constantly questioning myself when it comes to my parenting skills.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP