Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm Back!

Well, almost anyway. I have been suffering through a sinus infection for the last week. I was exhausted all last week and it all came to a pinnacle on Friday. I left the office early and just crashed. I was supposed to go to a graduation that night, but backed out. The Queen attended without me. She called at about nine o'clock and told me that she had a sinus infection. She gets one every year, so she knows what they feel like. As soon as she said that, I knew that was what I was also fighting all week. We both went to urgent care on Saturday morning and we each got a prescription for a Z pack. We dropped Meg off at her cousins house and both just vegged all day.

It was great to get a medical confirmation that I was not just being lazy. I actually had something wrong with me that was zapping my energy and creating my writer's block. I was really starting to douby myself, so it was good to hear.

One positive thing that my sickness did for me was allow me to watch some movies for the first time in a long time. On Friday night I watched 13 Going on 30 with Meg. She really likes the movie and it is even enjoyable for me. I then watched another movie without her. After that we got back together and watched Up. I should say that she watched Up and I slept through most of it. What I saw of Up was good, but I just could not stay awake.

On Saturday, we dropped Meg off with her cousins after our doctor's appointment and ended up renting Invictus from OnDemand. It was a pretty good movie. It was really the first movie The Queen and I have watched together in a long time. I cannot even remember the last movie we watched in a theater, but I know that it was one that Meg wanted to watch.

The Queen is a movie buff. She will watch the same movie over and over again. She will buy it on DVD and then watch it every time she comes across it on TV. A good example of that is Overboard. She didn't buy that one, but she watched it every time it was on TV for about two years and it was on a lot. She also likes to watch Dances with Wolves every time it is on TV.

I am not a big movie fan. I usually watch a movie once and can't ever watch it again. That even applies to the movies I really like. In this respect, I am all alone in our house. Both Meg and Chels love to watch movies over and over again just like their Mom.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP