Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Winds of Change are Blowing

Or if they are not quite blowing yet, they need to start soon. Out of the blue yesterday the owner of my company called a small meeting of some of the company managers together to discuss the performance of another manager. He had his mind made up before the meeting, he just wanted confirmation. I was in that meeting and brought up some key points about the manager in question. He did not fit our culture.

We do not have a well defined company culture, but this person just did not fit in with the rest of us. I would like to say that the rest of the managers in the company are team players. I would love to say that we work well together to implement change that affects our customers in a positive way. I would love to say that we have a clearly defined long term plan for the company. I would love to say that we are improving our product and the value we offer our customers. I would love to say that we have the best service in the industry.

We pretend that we have these things, but in reality our management team, including ownership, is just not committed to achieving them. I think these are the most important things that we as a company need to work on. We should be having weekly meetings on our status with each of those items on our hit list. We just don't.

I don't know how long we can go on without committing to these things and making our customers a priority. We, like many companies continue to pretend that the important things are important to us. We need to change that and make our customers a priority.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP