Friday, October 22, 2010

I Geeked Out on Saturday

I checked the mail on Saturday afternoon and was not very impressed with what I found. I did get something from the city solid waste department. I was bored, so I opened it. When I finally laid my eyes upon what was inside I was very excited.

My town is finally composting! I was excited because I have been thinking about doing my own composting for some time now. There is just so much "trash" that ends up in our landfills that does not need to be there. It is a waste of our resources.

The Queen and I went out to dinner for our anniversary that night. It was a great meal, but on the way back I told her how excited I was that our town was starting to compost. She made fun of me and then said that I should have been more excited about our ten years of marriage. I told her I was, but that this was bigger than both of us. This was a step toward ensuring the future our our children and their children.

On Monday night I went to Target and decided to buy a new trash can just for the compostable items. I ended up getting a nice Simple Human can that matches our existing can. I am trying to get everyone excited about separating their trash, but it has not been easy. They are all playing along for now, but I don't know how long that will last.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP