Saturday, March 6, 2010

Last Thoughts From Puerto Rico

It was hot and humid. It rained very hard last night and has been drizzling so far this morning. I was told the weather is better in December.

Old San Juan has some history. It is the second oldest city in the Western Hemisphere according to a tour guide. I have not done the research, so I will have to believe her for the time being.

Old San Juan is a tourist trap. Prices for everything are high. They know they can charge the cruise ship passengers high prices. My hotel was not in Old San Juan, but sunscreen was more than eighteen dollars in the hotel store. Food was also very expensive in the hotel restaurants. It cost between fifteen and twenty dollars, including tip, to go anywhere in a taxi.

From talking to my friends in Puerto Rico and observing at the show, the people here will wait in line for hours for free food and drinks. They will do anything to get a deal. Bargaining is a part of their culture just like in Mexico.

And did I tell you how much they love music, drinking and partying? Let's just say they like it some and leave it at that.

I need to come back a few more times.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP