Thursday, March 4, 2010

Puerto Rico is a Party

I arrived in Puerto Rico late last night and didn't have time to do anything but eat dinner. I thought I would wake up early this morning and see some sites. That didn't happen.

I got out of the hotel room really late. I went to old San Juan. The weather was horrible. It was about 89 degrees and extremely humid. I walked around the fort and then down a street or two. I was drenched. I had to take a quick shower and head to the show.

The trade show was very slow. They had a Latin/Caribbean themed opening ceremony to kick things off.

We brought out mojitos and sangria at about four o'clock and they were a hit. That is about the same time everyone else brought out the alcohol as well. It really turned into a big party. Everyone was drinking and the music was loud in most booths.

The show ended with a closing parade, which led to the opening night reception. There was entertainment and food, but it was just too busy to stick around.

One thing I learned today is that Puerto Ricans like to party and have fun. I guess I will see if it is any different tomorrow.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP