Monday, March 8, 2010

Small Stakes at All Pro Pizza

I rushed straight from the airport to All Pro Pizza on Saturday night to catch my brother-in-law's new band, Small Stakes, play their first show in town. They have played other shows out of town on Sunday nights, so this was the first one that we could catch. It was an all ages show, so the whole family went. They played a mix of some of the songs from his previous band and some new songs.

The Queen and I really enjoyed his shows when he was playing with his previous band, The Everyday Theory. I helped them out by making show fliers, taking photos at their shows, producing some of their demo songs, building a band website and designing the packaging for their CD. I had a lot of fun doing this stuff, so I was looking forward to hearing the new band play live.

I have to be honest, I was exhausted. My flight from Puerto Rico was delayed so I ended up getting home about two hours later than I expected. I rushed back to town and went straight to the show without even going home first. The good thing was that pizza and beer were waiting for me there. The show was good and because I travel with my camera, I offered to take some photos. I was really experimenting and had a few shots that turned out great. I made prints and gave them to my brother-in-law's girlfriend last night.

I think the music was too loud for Cheeseball. She kept plugging her ears. There was also a weird older lady dancing and hugging everyone. She kept trying to talk to me, Cheeseball and The Queen all night, but I for one could not understand a word she was saying. She was drunk and might have also been on some harder stuff as well. All in all it was a good night.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP