Tuesday, October 20, 2009

First Prius Review after Trip

One of the main reasons we decided to go to Disneyland was to take the Prius for a drive. I really wanted to see how it would handle the Grapevine on the way to Southern California. The car was great on the trip.

I averaged 50.9 miles per gallon on the trip down to Los Angeles. I found myself mesmerized by the data that was being displayed on the dash. I was constantly watching to see how many miles per gallon I was getting at each moment. I was also watching to see how well I was doing on the trip as a whole.

On the trip home, I realized that most of the way is up hill slightly. I also realized that the trip over the Grapevine from LA was more uphill than downhill. I only averaged 49.6 miles per gallon on the trip back home. The entire trip was 444.4 miles and was done on one tank of gas. Not bad!

We really got a chance on this trip to play with the navigation, audio system and interior features. Tina loved the heated seats on the trip home. Sirius' sattellite radio offerings are very limited. There was not really a good choice of current rock music and I could not get the Sunday night NFL game on the trip home. I will definitely not keep the sattelite radio when it expires. The navigation system worked very well on the trip. I can see that it will be very usefull in the future. The seats are not as comfortable as you would expect and the road noise is louder than it should be, but overall the Prius is a great car.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP