Friday, October 30, 2009

House of 1000 Corpses

I have been listening to Halloween music for a few days now trying to put the party playlists together. It has started to get me in the mood, but I needed something else. I read a tweet from someone yesterday talking about The Devil's Rejects, so I felt like I needed to watch a horror movie. I knew I wanted to watch either of the first two Rob Zombie movies. After looking at the cases for both, I chose House of 1000 Corpses.

I turned off all of the lights and asked my wife if she wanted to watch it with me. She declined, so I settled in and turned it on while Meg was in the shower. I am not a big fan of traditional horror movies, but I do like this movie. There enough freaky characters and situations that make this movie fun and entertaining. I love the Captain Spaulding character and his gas station/tourist trap/fried chicken road side attraction.

I had forgotten that Chris Hardwick and Rainn Wilson were in the movie. Chris was the host of the show Singled Out on MTV along with Jenny McCarthy. And of course, Rainn Wilson is Dwight Schrute on the office. The movie also features Rob Zombie's wife, Sheri Moon as Baby. I did not know until today that Rob Zombie got the names for his villains in the movie from Groucho Marx movie characters.

This is a good horror movie and it really put me in the Halloween mood.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP