Sunday, September 20, 2009

Good Food, Good Drinks & Good Conversation

We decided to have dinner at Henry Salazar's last night. I ordered a michelada and because we sat near the bar, I could here our waiter, the bartender and one of the owners of the restaurant discussing how to make the drink. I heard one of them say something about Clamato, so I got up to tell them I did not want Clamato in the drink. They gave me the option of a "bloody beer" or a beer with lime in it. I decided on the "bloody beer."

After our waiter brought me the drink, the owner came to our table and asked me if that was what I was looking for. I told him it was. I told him that in different parts of Mexico they have different recipes for the drink and that in Mexico City it was a beer with lime and ice in it and in Guadalajara it was made with tomato juice and spices. We started talking about Mexico and he asked me when was the last time I was in Mexico City and what I thought about it. I told him that after my first visit I was very disappointed, but on my second visit I actually got to take a tour and really got to see the good side of the city.

He said that he was scared to go from everything he had heard. He asked me where to go and what hotel I stayed in. I told him to stay in Polanco and that I stayed in the Camino Real next to Chapultapec Park. I told him it was a great place to stay.

A little later, we overheard him telling someone else about our conversation. He and the other gentleman came over to our table. He introduced us to his partner, Henry Salazar. We started talking about Mexico again. We talked about Michoacan and Mexico City. We talked about the art, Dia de los Muertos and many other topics. They told us that they buy most of their decor from a store named Polanco in San Francisco. We told them about Del Sol, where we have bought pottery in Visalia. It was a great conversation. We definitely will not wait so long to go back.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP