Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Lost Symbol

I just finished reading Dan Brown's new book, The Lost Symbol. The main character of this book is again Robert Langdon and the setting is Washington DC. The story really held my attention like The da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. Some of the plot of this story was more predictable than the previous two books.

I would give the book high marks overall. It weaves mystery, suspense, history and symbology seamlessly and there is a very surprising twist near the end that I could not even imagine would happen up to that point. The plot twist just comes out of nowhere, but it is a very important part of the story.

This was a good book, but my favorite of the three was Angels and Demons. This book does make me want to go back to Washington DC and visit all of the locations that are mentioned. I didn't really get that urge after reading the other two books.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP