Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Is Technology Passing me by?

I was having a conversation in the office with some of my coworkers today about technology. It started off innocently enough as a work related conversation about robots. It slowly evolved into a critique of current and near future technology that is mostly being developed for the military. We started talking about that advancements in drones, the electronic jamming systems that can disable them and sonic canons.

After the conversation was over, I turned to the newest member of our team who is a recent college graduate and asked him if I sounded like an old man who is afraid of technology. He was nice enough about it and said no, but I sure felt old. I wondered aloud if this is how people felt when computers or cell phones started getting popular.

This afternoon I received an email from someone who does some work for me and noticed that he had links to company Facebook and Twitter pages. I clicked on the Twitter link and was annoyed that it is very difficult to follow the posts when people start replying to them. I see it as a tool with some potential, but it just seems to be lacking ease of use. Maybe I just need to play with it some more to see if I am the one making it more difficult.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP