Thursday, September 17, 2009

Tulare County Fair

Well, I was two for three on my prediction. It was dirty and crowded, but it was not hot. And now that I think about it, it wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be considering it was kid's day and they received free entrance.

It ended up being me, my wife, my youngest daughter and my nephew. We started the evening by looking for the art submitted by my wife's class and my daughter's class. We found the art from my wife's class fairly quickly, but really had to search for the art from Meg's class. After circling the room three times, we finally found it up really high. They were too high to read the poems, but we could see the paintings.

After that we headed over to the midway, purchased some tickets and got the kids on some rides. I have never been to this part of the fair before. On previous trips, we stayed in the area that contains the kid's rides so this was a new experience. It was a mix of teeny boppers and carnies. You may think this a strange mix, but it worked well and I was busy people watching. That never gets old for me.

At about eight o'clock, the kids finally ran out of tickets so we left the midway and started looking for pizza for the kids. We bought them pizza, found a table to sit at and then I went to buy Tina and myself corn dogs. You just can't go to a fair and not eat a corn dog. We shared some garlic fries that weren't very good.

After eating, we stopped by the "musical instrument petting zoo." That was pretty cool. Meg likes to play instruments, so she had a blast. They had several drum kits, keyboards, electric guitars and acoustic guitars. There were even some tambourines. I walked over to look at the photography exhibits with Eric while Meg and Tina continued to play the instruments. When we returned, Meg got her chance to play the drums. She rocked it!

We decided to leave at about nine o'clock, but not before the kids convinced us to buy them some light sabers. The kids fell asleep in the car on the ride home.

I must say that I really had a fun time at the fair. When we got home, Tina mentioned something about the Fresno Fair so I guess we will be going there next.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP