Monday, December 14, 2009

Foster Parenting Class Part 1

My wife and I had to attend a foster parenting class over the weekend. It was a 2-day class that I was not looking forward to. I think Tina felt the same way.

We arrived early on Saturday while the instructor was still setting things up. We chatted with her some and I ended up helping her set up her computer for the presentation. She was not able to get the presentation to be projected. It was a simple fix.

One other couple arrived a few minutes after the class was supposed to start. There were four couples that were supposed to be taking the class and only us and the one other couple showed up. My dread for the class was mounting. Maria began the class and she really opened my mind.

I have never taken any child psychology or early childhood development classes, so all of this was new to me. I started out very skeptical. I have heard many of these things before from Tina and her mom and dad. I have really never bought into the ideas much. This was different. Maria did a really good job of describing the reasons why the behaviors happen and what causes them. She was very passionate about the subject and it really helped.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP