Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sequoia National Park, Take 1

I had good intentions. I wanted to take the family to the snow today. I have been many times over the years and to several different places. I have never been required to install snow chains before, so I did not think much about it. On the way, I decided to stop by Tina's parent's house and borrow her Dad's snow chains. It was a good thing I did.

When we got to the gate of the park, the ranger asked me if we had snow chains. I told her we did and she said that was a good thing. They were requiring them eleven miles inside the park. As I drove away, I turned to Tina and told her that we would not make it to the snow before being required to install the chains. I was right.

At the required location I pulled over and took out the chains. I struggled with them for a while and finally realized that they were too small for Tina's car. We decided to drive on until we were absolutely required to have them on. We did not get much further. I felt bad for Meg because she had been looking forward to going to the snow for a few days. She actually started to cry. I told her we would come back on Sunday. That helped a little, but she was very disappointed.

We drove back down to Hospital rock and hiked all of the trails there. We all actually ended up having a really good time, as you can see from the photos.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP