Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What is My Perfect Career?

I have always wanted to be in a creative field. I thought I wanted to be an advertising executive or an architect. I still find architecture very interesting. I just realized that perhaps I am not creative enough to be a good architect. As for an advertising executive, I reasoned that I am not creative enough to be the person who comes up with the ideas, but I am a good editor of bad ideas. I still believe this, but advertising does not really interest me anymore. I guess ten to fifteen years of sales and marketing experience have shown me the bad side of the industry.

I think I can create, but I just do not come up with many great, original concepts. I can take someone else's concept and expand on it and make it perfect though. So given these truths, what is my perfect job? Maybe a civil engineer? Maybe a pharmacist? Maybe something I haven't even considered up to this point.

I find people interesting. Not to talk to, but to observe. I like to find out what makes them tick. What motivates them. I have considered being a psychologist in a prison. I would love to find out why someone committed their crime(s), how they got caught and if they truly feel like they are reformed.

So, what is my perfect career? I don't really have any hobbies that I could turn into a rewarding job. I don't have any interests that could become my career. So how do I find out what I should be doing?

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP