Thursday, February 4, 2010

Life, Death and Emotion

The father of a good friend of mine died last week. It really hit him pretty hard even though he did not have a great relationship with him. He was actually in the process of rebuilding that relationship when it happened.

When something like this happens to someone you know, it really makes you think about your own life and the relationships you have. You realize that you don't want someone close to you to die while you have a bad relationship with them. My problem is that I don't have a good relationship with too many people.

I don't know what it is about myself, but I just don't need people and relationships like most people. As I say that though, I have to think about what would happen to me if I had no relationships at all. I don't know if I could survive the way I am now. People are hard coded for relationships.

The Limbic System is the center of emotions. It supports many functions including emotion, behavior, long term memory, and the sense of smell. I joked to my wife yesterday morning that I think my Limbic System is broken. I think she would agree with me.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP