Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Upcoming Trip

Next week I will be visiting two places I have never been before. I am taking a business trip that will first take me to Des Moines, Iowa for a meeting with a potential customer. From there I will be heading out to Puerto Rico for a tradeshow. I really don't care about Iowa, but I am excited about Puerto Rico.

Puerto Rico has a well established pharmaceutical manufacturing industry. I have nearly gone two or three times in my time with my current company, but things have just never worked out for me. I have heard a lot of good things about the area and cannot wait to see it for myself.

My major concern at this point is weather. I just looked at the forecast for both Iowa and Puerto Rico this afternoon and my suspicians were confirmed. Next week the forecast calls for snow and a high temperature of 35 degrees in Des Moines. The forecast for Puerto Rico calls for rain showers and a high temperature of 85 degrees. This trip will be an adventure to pack for and to survive without getting sick, but I am up to the challenge.

I already have a request from one coworker who has already been to Puerto Rico to pick him up some cigars while I am there. Who knows what else I will be asked to bring back. I hope I get to take some good photos while I am in each place.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP