Monday, April 19, 2010

The Toyota Way and My company

I must admit that I am behind in reading my current book, The Toyota Way. It is a difficult red for me. It is packed with information. I don't think there is any way I will finish it this month.

The entire time I have been reading this book, I have been thinking about how it can be applied to my company. I have thought that it would be difficult since we rely on engineering so much to build our semi-custom machinery. I have always thought that we focus too much on the custom aspects of our machines and use it as an excuse. Today I had a breakthrough.

I started reading a new chapter and it briefly discussed how the Toyota method can be applied to engineering. I was excited. I knew it could be applied, I just did not know how.

I can't wait to keep reading to get more details on how to apply the Toyota system to our business. Engineering is definitely one of our problem areas. We are currently late on every project and it hurts every department. We need change!

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP