Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Work-Life Balance

I am a big advocate of work-life balance. If your equilibrium tips in favor of work, your entire life, including your career will suffer greatly. Life is too short to spend all of your quality time at work at the expense of your family.

I know some people who are at work for twelve hours per day. This does not mean that they work harder than those that are only at work eight hours per day. It just means that they choose work life over home life. I just don't understand this kind of thinking. It makes no sense at all to me to spend more time at work than at home, or with your family.

Family is much more important to me. I love being able to attend all of my children's school and sporting events, including practices. I love being able to help them with their homework. I love that they know that I will be there to support them with everything they do. They actually think it is odd when I am not at one of their extra-curricular activities. I really love that.

Having a good work-life balance makes every aspect of your life better, including your work. When you are over-worked you are not doing your best work. Here is a great article that shows you how to balance your life.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP