Thursday, April 8, 2010

What is Happening?

I have hit the wall once again. I am not feeling creative. I am not tired, I just don't have too many ideas in my mind. I guess this just happens to me every few months. I can't explain why, but it is really a struggle for me.

Maybe I should be analyzing myself to find out why it is happening. But, It seems like a lot of other bloggers I read have slowed down now as well. There just does not seem to be a lot of interesting content available recently.

Apple previewed the new iPhone 4 OS today. Nothing was really exciting, but there were some good things. The best being multitasking. The only problem was that later we learned that it will not work on the 3g iPhone. Bummer. I guess I will just have to upgrade when the new iPhone goes on sale later this year.

The more I see of the iPad, the more I am contemplating getting one. It just looks really cool. I don't always take my current book with me everywhere I go, but I think I would take the iPad with me. The only questions would be if I would read my book or just mess around on the iPad. I don't know.

I started reading The Toyota Way this week. I know you are wondering why I would pick this book to read after all of the recalls Toyota has had recently. I actually bought the book a month or so before the recalls were announced and was just waiting for the chance to start reading it. I am only twenty-two pages into the book, but I have already read some interesting things about Toyota's culture and their TPS. I think they do a really good job with continuous improvement and I really think they have handled the recall very well.

According to the book, historically Toyota has handled recalls and other issues better than most auto manufacturers. I just think that they are better at a lot of things than most other companies. I am not saying that they are great or that they have no room for improvement because they certainly do and the recalls prove that fact. They just have a culture that allows them to attack problems with different thinking than most other companies.

The book is going to be a long read because it packs a lot of words onto each page. They type is smaller than most other books I have read recently, but I am looking forward to learning something.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP