Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Summer of Death Revisited

The Summer of Death hit close to home for me. I attended the funeral of my Wife's great uncle this past Saturday. I did not know him as well as I would have wished, but I am glad I did get to know him. He was a busy man. He had a successful ranch and had several hobbies. He also really loved to spend time with his family. He raced Jeeps, built Jeep trails in the mountains, used his Jeep for rescue and recovery in the mountains and built and flew RC airplanes to name just a few of his hobbies. He was described as being 'elegantly casual' at his funeral. He will be missed.

Two more famous people also died in the last week. Eunice Kennedy Shriver was the founder of the Special Olympics, the sister of JFK and the mother of Maria Shriver. In addition, Les Paul died today. Many consider him the 'father of modern music.' It sure seems like the Summer of Death will never end.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP