Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Summer of Death


Kevin and Bean have been calling this summer the Summer of Death. David Carradine, Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, Billy Mays, Fred Travelena, Karl Malden, Steve McNair, Walter Cronkite, Gidget (Taco Bell dog), Corazon Aquino and now John Hughes. I thought this was going to be a long, hot summer. I had no idea it was going to be the Summer of Death. Here is a link to a slide show of all the people who have died this year.

John Hughes made some of the most iconic movies of my lifetime; The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink to name just a few. I think most people my age can quote lines from some if not all of these movies. Here is a link to some of them.

I thought celebrities died in groups of three. This would be four groups of three. Maybe that old adage still holds true. Anyway, this has been a really sad summer.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP