Monday, November 23, 2009

The 7 Signs of a Leader

I read an interesting post on the website, www.dumblittleman.com, titled "The 7 Signs of a Leader." This really made me think about who I would consider a leader. Do I really know any leaders? After reading this, I don't think I personally know a leader.

That is a very scary thought. I know several local business owners and upper level management types and I don't think any of them meet all of these criteria. Here is the list:

1. Vision
2. Discipline
3. Emotional Strength
4. Experience
5. Respect
6. People Skills
7. Momentum and Timing

One thing that is missing from this list is "communication." I think that is the most important attribute of a leader. They may have buried it under people skills on this list, but I think it is important enough that it should have been its own point.

Here is a link to the article.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP