Tuesday, November 3, 2009

New Weezer Album Quick Review

I preordered the new Weezer album, Raditude, a few weeks ago. I first received the single, "(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To" at that time and I really like that song. The entire album was downloaded early this morning. I listened to it a few times through at work and think that it is a strong Weezer album.

There are some good Weezer songs on the album and some of the bonus tracks are good as well. I really like the bonus track "Kids/Poker Face," but I have been listening to that for sometime now. I like the "I Want You To", "Tripping Down the Freeway", "Let It All Hang Out" and even "Can't Stop Partying" which features a rap by Lil Wayne. I think at this point "Let It All Hang Out" might be my favorite song on the album.

The band is experimenting with some R&B and rap and they are mixing it with their rock sound very well. These songs come off as good Weezer songs. The one song I don't quite understand is the ballad "Love Is The Answer." It features a sitar and has an Indian sound. I may have to listen to this song some more for it to grow on me. I don't think it works as well as Cornershop's album "When I Was Born For The 7th Time." I don't mind the band experimenting because most of what they do really works.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP