Monday, November 30, 2009

Relationships

Two guys in my office who have both been divorced 2 times had an intersting conversation today. I listened in, but did not speak. In a nut shell, they feel that women are crazy, don't communicate and have their own agendas.

Wow! I know why they have been twice divorced now. I have heard them talk before, but this one was very telling. They are both 50 years old plus. They both have children. They are both very selfish people! One of them referred to his children as baggage at one point in their conversation. That is a very telling statement.

After they left, I started talking about their conversation with two people who sit near me. One of these people is very bitter because he had a 13 year relationship that ended a few years ago. He is still obviously very hurt by that break up. His main point is that people are not honest about what they are looking for and what their real feelings are. I agree with this point and even went one step further.

I told him that the majority of people do not know what love really is. If they did, the divorce rate would not be as high as it is. Most people, including me, are very selfish. We are in a relationship for our own selfish reasons. The difficult part of a relationship is putting that selfishness aside to try to make your partner happy.

I told them that my wife is my best friend and that I love to spend time with my family. I actually feel guilty when I am doing something without my family. I don't feel the need to play golf with the guys every weekend or to get together and drink with the boys every Saturday night. Maybe some guys would think this makes me less of a man, but this is just the way I am.

The other guy in my office is in his early twenties and he agreed with what I was saying. He is very traditional. I don't know if he totally agreed with me or not, but what he said was in agreement with me.

0 comments:

  © Copyright 2009 Fiftyfivered.com

Back to TOP